Employee in the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office
- Perkins: "Oh, Arthur! Thank goodness, I didn't know what to do the best, whether to wait here for you or not. I've just sent an owl to your home but you've obviously missed it - an urgent message came ten minutes ago"
- Arthur: "I know about the regurgitating toilet"
- Perkins: "No, no, it's not the toilet, it's the Potter boy's hearing - they've changed the time and venue - it starts at eight o'clock now and it's down in the old Courtroom Ten"
- — Perkins and Arthur Weasley[src]
Perkins was a warlock who worked in the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office at the Ministry of Magic, as a subordinate of Arthur Weasley, who was head of the office. He was described as being an elderly wizard who had fluffy white hair.
During the Quidditch World Cup in 1994, Perkins lent his supervisor, Arthur Weasley, a tent so he and his family could camp out after the match. Perkins allowed the Weasleys to keep the tent after his lumbago got worse and no longer had interest in camping. His tent would later be used by Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger during their search for Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes.
Perkins met Harry Potter in 1995 when the boy was summoned before the Wizengamot to answer a charge of using magic in front of a Muggle. In 1997, he attended the wedding of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour.
Behind the scenes
- Professor Binns once erroneously called Harry Potter "Perkins".
- He is possibly the unidentified balding wizard seen in the first part of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Possibly)
Notes and references