|"I show not your face but your heart's desire."|
Peregrine Derrick (born c. 1977) was a student who began attending Hogwarts in 1988. sorted into Slytherin, Derrick played as a Beater on the Slytherin Quidditch team, along with Lucian Bole, in the 1993–1994 school year.
Although there were no Quidditch matches at Hogwarts during the 1994–1995 school year because of the Triwizard Tournament, he held his position on the Slytherin team, at least nominally, until his graduation at the end of term. He and Bole were replaced by Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle at the start of the 1995–1996 school year. Angelina Johnson, the new captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, joked to her teammates that she was always shocked that Derrick and Bole were able to make it on to the Quidditch pitch without having to follow signs.
Behind the scenes
- This character is known only by his surname in the Harry Potter books. His first name is given as "Peregrine" in the video game Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup.
- It is possible that Derrick is the Unidentified Slytherin Beater (II) seen in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film), and then played from the 1991–1992 school year.
The name "Peregrine" is from the Late Latin name Peregrinus, which meant "traveller". This was the name of several early saints.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In Ch. 19 of Order of the Phoenix, Angelina Johnson states, "Last year's Beaters, Derrick and Bole, have left." This indicates Derrick's seventh year was 1994-1995 and that he kept his position as Beater despite the cancellation of Quidditch matches during the Triwizard Tournament held that same term.