At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Penny Haywood (born c. 1973) was a half-blood witch who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1984. She was sorted into Hufflepuff house and was noted as being the most popular girl in her year.
Hogwarts years (1984-1991)
She was known for her skill at Potions. She befriended Jacob's sibling and helped them create the Sleeping Draught they needed to break into the locked room, where they were looking for the Cursed Vaults.
In the summer of 1985, a tragedy happened that would change Penny's life. Penny's family were spending their usual summer in the countryside. One night, at a full-moon, Penny and her friend Scarlett went exploring outside the house and found a werewolf.
Ignorant of what the creature was, Scarlett was fascinated by it and wanted to follow it to see where it might go. Penny had her wand ready, but when the werewolf finally saw them, she was at first unable to react, and when she finally did, it was too late already. The werewolf killed Scarlett, resulting in Penny blaming herself for the death of her friend.
From then on, Penny's boggart would change into a werewolf and she even went that far as to brew a Forgetfulness Potion in her third year, intending to clear her mind of the guilt and pain she felt over her lost friend.
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, should be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
Penny has blue eyes and long blonde hair with two thick braids over her shoulders, and a braid on her left side that forms a ponytail, giving her a half up.
Personality and traits
Penny was sociable and approachable, regarded as the most popular girl in her year while attending Hogwarts. As a result of her social standing and vast network of friends, she was also very well-informed about the happenings at Hogwarts.
She was known to value bravery and compassion greatly, thanking Jacob's sibling for having the courage to stand up to the school bully Merula Snyde. She even befriended Jacob's sibling shortly thereafter due to, in part, their kindness towards Ben Copper and their shared love for Potions. She's also good friends with Liz Tuttle and Talbott Winger who are considered outcasts.
Magical abilities and skills
- Potions: Penny had proven herself to be skilful at this subject.
Behind the scenes
- In Herbology class, Penny mentions that her father used to take her to the Kew Gardens. This could indicate that her father is a Muggle or Muggle-born.
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, the player controls the friendship between Jacob's sibling and Penny, including how to interact with her and what they share with her. They may decide whether to invite Penny with them to the locked room she helped create the Sleeping Draught for.
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Penny is unlocked as a friend upon the completion of Chapter 7 of Year 1.
- Upon reaching maximum friendship at level 10 with Penny, a unique clothing item is gifted to the player: a potions belt.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Penny for Your Thoughts"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 1 (Year Three Begins) - Herbology Lesson "Valerian Sprigs"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 1, Chapter 6 (A Curious Corridor)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 1, Chapter 8 (Preparing for the Room)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Chapter 10 (The Vault of Ice)