At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
The wizarding hat-maker Madame Bonhabille was based in Paris in the late 19th century. Headmistress Eupraxia Mole commissioned her to make a bespoke hat for Peeves, the resident poltergeist of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as a conciliatory gesture in the wake of then-Minister for Magic Rancorous Carpe's attempt to get rid of him.
In the 1920s, the wizarding community in Paris was quite glamourous and beautiful. It was much freer than in New York and was similiar to the wizarding community in England. In the 6 December 1926 issue of The New York Ghost, it was reported that an international manhunt for Gellert Grindelwald was underway in several cities, including Paris.
Gladrags Wizardwear had a shop in Paris by 1994. Madam Borboleta Candies Ltd. also had an office in the city by this period. The French Ministry of Magic Headquarters, the country's wizarding goverment, was loated in Paris.
Rue Claudel was a wizarding shopping street in Paris.
Behind the scenes
- Emma Watson, the actress who plays Hermione Granger in the films, was born in Paris on 15 April, 1990.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, the second installment of the five-part film series, was set in Paris.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned in newspaper)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned in newspaper)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- The Making of Harry Potter (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Appears in portrait(s))
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Paris on Wikipedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Peeves" at Pottermore
- ↑ "Fantastic Beasts director reveals the French world for 'muggle'
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World: Movie Magic Volume One: Extraordinary People and Fascinating Places (see this image)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- ↑ Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (see this image)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- ↑ The Making of Harry Potter - (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 8 (The Quidditch World Cup)
- ↑ (see this image)
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 MinaLima Releases Map of the Wizarding World in Paris While J.K. Rowling and Globus Mundi Hint at Future ‘Fantastic’ Destinations!
- ↑ Emma Watson on Wikipedia
- ↑ This isn't correct, I'm afraid! The sequel doesn't begin days after first movie ends (although we do go to Paris.) by J.K. Rowling on Twitter