|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "...she did like to experiment and one of her spells went rather badly wrong one day. I was nine."
- —Luna Lovegood, explaining her mother's death.[src]
This spell was used by Pandora Lovegood, mother of Ravenclaw student Luna Lovegood, while experimenting. While it is unknown what effect it would have had if it had worked correctly, it can be assumed that it was dangerous as Pandora was killed in a "horrible" manner by the spell as it went wrong.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 38 (The Second War Begins) - "Yes," said Luna simply, "my mother. She was a quite extraordinary witch, you know, but she did like to experiment and one of her spells went rather badly wrong one day. […] "Yes, it was rather horrible," said Luna conversationally.»