Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Otters are semi-aquatic mammals of the family Mustelidae, of which there are seven genera and twelve species. One species, the sea otter, is fully aquatic. Their diet predominantly consists of fish and shellfish, but they are also known to eat small amphibians and invertebrates. Otters all have long, brown coats of fur, which help to keep them warm and to adapt to underwater life. Their length and size vary by species.
Behind the scenes
- J.K. Rowling has stated that the otter is her favourite animal and that this is why she selected it as the form of Hermione's Patronus. In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Herminone's patronus is shown to be a Eurasian Otter.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (As Patronus only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (As Patronus only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (As Patronus only)
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault (mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Appears as a Patronus)