- Sybill Trelawney: "No! NO! This cannot be happening… it cannot… I refuse to accept it!"
- Dolores Umbridge: "You didn't realize this was coming? Incapable though you are of predicting even tomorrow's weather, you must surely have realized that your pitiful performance during my inspections, and lack of any improvement, would make it inevitable that you would be sacked?"
- Sybill Trelawney: "You c - can't! You c - can't sack me! I've b - been here sixteen years! H - Hogwarts is - my h - home!"
- Dolores Umbridge: "It was your home, until an hour ago, when the Minister of Magic countersigned your Order of Dismissal. Now kindly remove yourself from this Hall. You are embarrassing us."
- — Dolores Umbridge sacks Sybill Trelawney.[src]
An Order of Dismissal is an official document instructing the recipient to vacate the post of teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with immediate effect. In 1996, then-High Inquisitor of Hogwarts Dolores Umbridge (presumably in lieu of the Headmaster) and then-Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge signed Sybill Trelawney's Order of Dismissal.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)