Hermione Granger has used this spell many times to mend Harry Potter's glasses. On the Hogwarts Express in 1991 when the trio met for the first time and again in Diagon Alley in 1992 after Harry broke them when tumbling out of the Floo Network connected to the fireplace in Borgin and Burkes .
Behind the scenes
- The use of this charm by Arthur Weasley has not been confirmed, as it may have been the general fixing spell.
- Hermione Granger uses this in Diagon Alley despite being underage and hence not permitted to use magic outside of school but is in a controlled magical place.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, Ron tries to use this spell to fix Harry's glasses but instead turns a wizard's hat into a frog.
- Although in the book, Mr Weasley taps Harry's glasses when using this spell, in the second film Hermione moves her wand in a similar manner to the "swish and flick" used for the Levitation Charm; this is seen often throughout the first two films.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Indirectly)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Failed attempt)