At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- " Orchideous! and a bunch of flowers burst from the wand tip."
- —Mr Ollivander use of this spell[src]
Orchideous was an incantation for a Transfiguration spell that conjures a bouquet of flowers from the end of the caster's wand. The movement for this spell was to move one's wand in a circle in the air.
|Minerva McGonagall & Jacob's sibling||1987–1988 school year||While teaching the Fourth years, McGonagall demonstrated the successful casting of this spell which Jacob's sibling duplicated.|
|Garrick Ollivander||November 1994||Ollivander used this spell in 1994 when he tested Fleur Delacour's wand at the Wand weighing ceremony before the Triwizard Tournament. The spell probably conjured orchids or some flowers, which Ollivander gave to Fleur after conjuring them.|
From the Latin "Orchideae", the name for the orchid plant family.
Behind the scenes
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, orchideous is the incantation for a spell called the "Orchideous Jinx". This jinx, which takes the form of pink/purple light, can transform certain enemies into a flower, a bouquet of flowers, or a flowering shrub.
- Tom Riddle once "produced a bunch of roses from nowhere" for Hepzibah Smith, which was either sleight of hand or possibly this spell (or a similar one) cast nonverbally.
- This spell, or a variation of it, may have been used on 24 December, 1997 by Hermione Granger to conjure a wreath of Christmas roses nonverbally for Harry Potter to place on the graves of James Potter and Lily Evans.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 version only) (Unnamed)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First identified as Orchideous)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Possible appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: Spells
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references