Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The One-Eyed Witch Passage is a secret tunnel that leads from Hogwarts to the cellar of Honeydukes Sweetshop in Hogsmeade. Harry Potter first learned of it from Fred and George Weasley when they gave him the Marauder's Map in 1993. The passage's entrance is hidden in a statue of Gunhilda of Gorsemoor. To gain entrance to the passage, one must give the password; Dissendium. Once the password is given, the hump on the witch's statue opens to reveal a short slide into a tunnel which leads under the school and takes about an hour on foot to get to Hogsmeade. Harry, Ron and Hermione ran past this statue in 1991 to avoid getting caught by Argus Filch.
Fred and George Weasley had used the passage to sneak supplies from Hogsmeade on many occasions. When they handed on the map to Harry, Harry used it to sneak into Hogsmeade on two occasions, until he was seen in Hogsmeade by Draco Malfoy when his Invisibility cloak slipped and he narrowly avoided expulsion.
Behind the scenes
- In the handheld versions of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, this passage is much more elaborate than the simple straight passage of the books, being set up more like a maze and containing many fake walls leading to side areas.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Entrance only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4