Oliver Rivers (c. 1979-1980) was a wizard who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1991. He was in the same year as Harry Potter and was Sorted into either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw house.
Behind the scenes
- Oliver Rivers can be deduced to have been listed as a Ravenclaw on the list of students in a page of J. K. Rowling's notes shown on Harry Potter and Me. However, as two listed Hufflepuffs (Anthony Goldstein and Michael Corner) had their houses changed to Ravenclaw in the novels as published, two of those listed as Ravenclaws must have been changed to Hufflepuff. Rivers may be one of those whose house was changed.
- It is likely he was one of the students, whose house wasn't changed, so was a Ravenclaw and shared a dormitory with Terry Boot, Michael Corner and Anthony Goldstein, because his original surname was Quirrel and Quirinus Quirrell was a Ravenclaw.
Notes and references
- ↑ World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Though his house is unseen on Harry Potter and Me and ungiven on Pottermore, it is known that the list of students in Harry's year contained five males and five females in each house. Ravenclaw lacks two known males, and Oliver Rivers and Roger Malone are the only males whose houses are ungiven. However Anthony Goldstein and Michael Corner (whose houses were initially Hufflepuff) were moved to Ravenclaw, therefore two of the original Ravenclaw students (Stephen Cornfoot, Kevin Entwhistle, Roger Malone and Oliver Rivers) were moved to Hufflepuff.
- ↑ Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "The Original Forty"