- "As they entered November, the weather turned very cold. The mountains around the school became icy grey and the lake like chilled steel. Every morning the ground was covered in frost. ...The Quidditch season had begun."
November is the eleventh month of the year. It's one of the months of the year with thirty days.
Important November events
- 1981 - Rubeus Hagrid rescues the baby Harry Potter from the ruins of his parents' house. Wizards all over England celebrate the downfall of Lord Voldemort.
- 1994 - Harry writes to Sirius Black about being chosen as a fourth Triwizard Tournament champion.
- 1993 - The Gryffindor Quidditch team plays the Hufflepuff Quidditch team in a driving rain. Harry falls from his broom under the influence of Dementors, and Cedric Diggory catches the Golden Snitch. Harry's broom is also destroyed by the Whomping Willow. This is also the first Quidditch match which Harry loses.
- 1991 - Harry discovers that Professor Snape's leg had been injured and surmises that the injury was inflicted by Fluffy.
- 1992 - While Harry is in the hospital wing, Colin Creevey is petrified by Salazar Slytherin's Basilisk.
- 1991 - Harry plays in his first Quidditch match versus Slytherin. He is almost killed when Quirinus Quirrell jinxes his broom.
- 1994 - Harry and Hermione Granger visit Hogsmeade village. There, Hagrid asks Harry to meet him late that evening. Harry sees the dragons for the First Task. After midnight, he speaks with Sirius via the Floo Network.
- The First Task of the Triwizard Tournament takes place in which the Champions have to pass a dragon.