|Notable family members|
- Cantankerus Nott — suspected author of the Pure-Blood Directory in the 1930s
- Mr. Nott – one of the earliest Death Eaters
- Mrs. Nott – Theodore's mother, who died when he was a child
- Theodore Nott – a Slytherin student in Harry Potter’s year at Hogwarts
- Nott Junior - Theodore's son and a Slytherin student in the future
The name Nott may be derived from Nótt, the personification of night in Norse mythology. It is also similar in pronounciation to the words "naught" and "knot".