Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Cantankerus Nott — suspected author of the Pure-Blood Directory in the 1930s
- Mr Nott – one of the earliest Death Eaters
- Mrs Nott – Theodore's mother, who died when he was a child
- Theodore Nott – a Slytherin student in Harry Potter’s year at Hogwarts
The name Nott may be derived from Nótt, the personification of night in Norse mythology. It is also similar in pronounciation to the words "naught" and "knot".
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that the family is not all "truly pure-blood" and if Cantankerus Nott is the author of the Pure-Blood Directory, then he probably just listed the Nott family so they would get praised by other supremacists.