|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- Portrait of a Chaser: "Flying on one of these benches is like grabbing a Chinese Fireball by its tail. I once flew one from the South Pole to the North Pole and my shoes didn't arrive until the next day."
- Portrait of a Professor: "Preposterous nonsense!"
- Portrait of a Chaser: "Oh, is it, granddad? Remind me to show you my frostbitten stocks sometime, and watch this!"
- — An exchange between the portrait of a Quidditch player and the portrait of a Professor[src]
The North Pole is the northernmost point on the surface of the Earth and lies on the opposite side of the Earth from the South Pole. It lays in the middle of the Arctic Ocean amid waters that are almost permanently covered with constantly shifting sea ice.
In around the mid-19th century, a Quidditch player flew on enchanted bench from the South Pole to the North Pole. He compared it to grabbing a Chinese Fireball by its tail, and claimed that his shoes only arrived the next day (saying he still had his frostbitten socks to prove it).
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Mentioned only)