The Canadian cities of Haileybury, Moose Jaw and Stonewall along with the American capital city of Washington and the cities of Boston, Fitchburg, New York, Salem, Savannah and Sweetwater are the known locations that house the North American wizarding community.
The only known magical government body on the continent is the Magical Congress of the United States of America, commonly referred to as MACUSA, with the wizard Samuel G. Quahog as its President in 2014. It was established in 1693 in reaction to the Salem Witch Trials and the threat of the Scourers.
Magical games and sports
- Quidditch reached North America in the early seventeenth century but was slow to be adopted.
- The Haileybury Hammers, the Moose Jaw Meteorites, and the Stonewall Stormers are Canadian Quidditch teams.
- They are among the most accomplished Quidditch teams in the modern day
- The Fitchburg Finches and the Sweetwater All-Stars are American Quidditch teams.
- The Fitchburg Finches have won the U.S. Quidditch cup seven times.
- Wampus cat
- White River Monster
- Salem, Massachusetts is famous for its seventeenth-century hysteria over witchcraft and it's witch trials.
Notes and references