Minister for Magic (formerly)
The major upheaval of his term in office were, most likely, the Pure-blood riots during the Squib Rights marches, though it's equally possible that several of the oldest members of the Wizengamot walked out upon his appointment as Minister.
- Nobby is a diminutive form of the name Norbert, meaning both "north" and "bright".
- Leach could refer to a species of worm and an ingredient in Polyjuice Potion, the leech.
- Because of his name, he was likely an intelligent Minister and possibly Sorted in Ravenclaw, during his time at Hogwarts.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pottermore - The Malfoy Family
- ↑ Although unconfirmed, this is the most likely answer to the 6-4 question of the Third W.O.M.B.A.T.; Squib Rights marches and pure-blood riots (supremacy) fit with the timeframe of Leach's term (the turbulent 1960s). Pure-blood riots also add up to Abraxas Malfoy's "shady plot". However, the pure-blood supremacy issue also makes old (traditional) Wizengamot members walking out on learning of his appointment a possibility.
- ↑ Sixth question of the Third W.O.M.B.A.T. at J. K. Rowling's Official Site.