Minister for Magic (formerly)
Minister Nobby Leach was the British Minister for Magic between 1962 and 1968. He was the first muggle-born Minister for Magic, but he left his post in 1968 due to a shady plot. It was widely believed that Abraxas Malfoy was known to be part of the plot that made him leave his post prematurely.
The major upheaval of his term in office were, most likely, the Pure-blood riots during the Squib Rights marches, though it's equally possible that several of the oldest members of the Wizengamot walked out upon his appointment as Minister.
- Nobby is a diminutive form of the name Norbert, meaning both "north" and "bright".
- Leach could refer to a species of worm and an ingredient in Polyjuice Potion, the leech.
- Because of his name, he was likely an intelligent Minister and possibly Sorted in Ravenclaw, during his time at Hogwarts.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pottermore - The Malfoy Family
- ↑ Although unconfirmed, this is the most likely answer to the 6-4 question of the Third W.O.M.B.A.T.; Squib Rights marches and pure-blood riots (supremacy) fit with the timeframe of Leach's term (the turbulent 1960s). Pure-blood riots also add up to Abraxas Malfoy's "shady plot". However, the pure-blood supremacy issue also makes old (traditional) Wizengamot members walking out on learning of his appointment a possibility.
- ↑ Sixth question of the Third W.O.M.B.A.T. at J. K. Rowling's Official Site.
|Ministers for Magic:|