At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Magizoologist Newton Scamander owned a magical suitcase, bewitched with an Undetectable Extension Charm, in which he held a number of beasts while he travelled. He could hide the contents from Muggles by flipping a switch on the case.
In 1926, whilst visiting the United States of America, the beasts in Newt's suitcase escaped, whereupon he was accosted by Percival Graves, a powerful MACUSA Auror and right-hand man of the American wizarding community's leader, Seraphina Picquery.
When the suitcase fell into the hands of No-Maj, Jacob Kowalski, he is attacked by a murtlap, one of the many creatures Newt kept inside. Later he was invited into the suitcase by Newt to observe the beasts in their enclosures.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- LEGO Dimensions
- The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)