|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains of a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Double-ended Newts is a breed of newts with two heads that can be kept as a pet, which a wizard was instructed into by the saleswoman in the Magical Menagerie in 1993. Ginger Newts are a kind of biscuit sweet in the wizarding world, which Minerva McGonagall, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, owned a jar of.
The Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test was often abbreviated as "N.E.W.T.," likely a reference to this creature in much the same manner as the Ordinary Wizarding Level exams were abbreviated "O.W.L." (owl).
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Mentioned only)