|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
New Zealand is a country located in the south-western Pacific Ocean comprising of two main landmasses. Its capital is Wellington.
Native to New Zealand
The following creatures are all found worldwide:
Magical games and sports
- Quidditch was introduced to New Zealand some time in the seventeenth century by a group of European herbologists. After a long day collecting samples, the wizards would relax by playing Quidditch. The New Zealand Ministry of Magic has spent a lot of effort in trying to keep early Maori art depicting white wizards playing the game away from Muggles.
- The Moutohora Macaws are a Quidditch team from New Zealand.
- The mascot of New Zealand's Quidditch Team is a Phoenix named Sparky.
- The New Zealand National Quidditch team competed in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup. They lost to the Bulgarian National Quidditch team 410 to 170 during the sixth match on 20 May 2014.
Behind the scenes
- Chris Rankin, who portrays Percy Weasley in the films, was born in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Terence Bayler who portrays the Bloody Baron was born in Wanganui, New Zealand.
- Pam Ferris who portrays Aunt Marge was brought up in New Zealand where she found her interest in acting.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Seen on flag)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Pottermore (Indirectly mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)