|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
|"I show not your face but your heart's desire."|
The grandfather of Neville Longbottom (before 1947—between 1980 and 1995) was a pure-blood wizard. He died while his grandson was present, thus enabling Neville to see Thestrals years later. Neville revealed as much to Hagrid and Dolores Umbridge during her time evaluating a Care of Magical Creatures lesson.
He may have had at least one sibling.
Behind the scenes
- If he was Neville's paternal grandfather and Augusta's husband, it is possible that he was the son of Callidora Black and Harfang Longbottom shown on the Black family tapestry, though this is unconfirmed.
- Furthermore, if he was Augusta's husband, then he is grandfather that, in 1947, according to The Queen's Handbag, put a fanged gerbil into Augusta's handbag as a joke. She would then keep a mousetrap in her bag at all times.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- The Queen's Handbag (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Dimensions (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In The Queen's Handbag, Neville says he had a grandfather who put a fanged gerbil in his grandmother's handbag in 1947. If he is the husband of Augusta, then he would have been born before 1947.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 21 (The Eye of the Snake)
- ↑ The Longbottom family tree from Pottermore
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "The Quill of Acceptance and The Book of Admittance" at Pottermore states that Neville had "disappointed great aunts and uncles"; Algie and Enid are one of each... making two more that are unaccounted for; it is unknown as to whether they are Augusta's siblings or her husband's, making it possible that either one had at least one sibling.