|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is a real-life person, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- Harry Potter: "I've got two Neptunes here, that can't be right, can it?"
- Ron Weasley: "Aaaaah, when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry...."
- — Harry and Ron working on their Divination homework[src]
Neptune is one of the planets in the Solar System. It is talked about in Divination, such as in 1995 when Professor Trelawney pointed out the fascinating angle Mars made with the planet with her orrery, and may also be taught in Astronomy class.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Neptune is named after the Roman sea god, who was known as Poseidon in Greek times. He is the father of the title character of the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter Limited Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
|Professors: Aurora Sinistra|
|Astronomy at Hogwarts: Astronomy department · Astronomy Tower · Astronomy Room · Astronomy stairwell · Astronomy Corridor · Astronomy reading room · |
|Astronomers: Aurora Sinistra · Copernicus · George von Rheticus · Perpetua Fancourt|
|Objects: Globe of the Moon · Lunascope · Moon chart · Orrery · Star chart · Telescope|
|Planets: Jupiter · Mars · Mercury · Neptune · Pluto · Saturn · Uranus · Venus|
|Satellites: Callisto · Europa · Ganymede · Io · Moon|
|Constellations: Bartholomeus · Orion|