|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
- "Alright Hogwarts, are ready for some real music? Come on, I wanna see your hands in the air! You're looking good. We are gonna teach you a brand new dance tonight. Are you ready? ARE YOU REEAAADY??!!!"
- —Myron introducing the song[src]
Myron Wagtail (b. 1970) was the lead singer of the wizarding world's popular band The Weird Sisters. He, along with his band, performed at the Yule Ball of 1994 held at Hogwarts in honour of the Triwizard Tournament.
Behind the scenes
- Jarvis Cocker portrayed Myron in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Jarvis also appeared in the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox as Petey along with Michael Gambon playing Franklin Bean, Helen McCrory playing Mrs Bean, and Alexandre Desplat composing the music.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, a character named "Vocalist" can be unlocked. It is safe to assume that Wagtail is the "Vocalist".
- If Myron attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he may have been at the school from 1981 to 1988, being only 1 school year ahead of Bill Weasley.
The name "Myron" is derived from Greek μυρον (myron) meaning "sweet oil, perfume". Myron was the name of a 5th-century BC Greek sculptor.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
|The Weird Sisters|
|Lead singer||Lead guitar||Rhythm guitar||Bass guitar|
|Myron Wagtail||Kirley Duke||Heathcote Barbary||Donaghan Tremlett|
|Gideon Crumb||Orsino Thruston||Merton Graves||Herman Wintringham|
|Do The Hippogriff · Magic Works · This Is The Night|