Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
The favoured prey of the Murtlap are crustaceans, though they will also go for the feet of any human foolish enough to step on them.
The growth on the Murtlap's back may be pickled and eaten to improve one's resistance to jinxes, although eating an excess of pickled murtlap may cause one to grow unsightly purple ear hair. Murtlap Essence is a home remedy for cuts and abrasions. Murtlap tentacles are included in Murtlap Essence which Hermione let Harry dip his hand in to heal the cuts after his detention with Dolores Umbridge.
A murtlap escaped from Newton Scamander's suitcase during his visit to New York in 1926 and attacked No-Maj Jacob Kowalski. Newt Scamander and Porpentina Goldstein found Jacob unconscious after the attack and when the responsible murtlap burst from hiding, Newt quickly grabbed it and put it back in his case.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- LEGO Dimensions
Notes and references