Behind the scenes
- In reality, Saint Mungo is the commonly used name for Saint Kentigern of the Catholic church who lived in the sixth century Scotland and England. He was also known as a founder of the Glasgow Cathedral. A Feast day for St Mungo, also known as St Mungo's Day, is observed on the 13th of January every year after he was canonised.
- Interestingly, Lula Landry, the victim in Robert Galbraith's first Cormoran Strike novel The Cuckoo's Calling, lives in the fictional Kentigern Gardens, in Mayfair. Kentigern, as noted above, in the real name of the real-life Saint Mungo.
- Mungo also shares part of his name with Helena Bonham Carter, the actress who portrays Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter films.
The name "Mungo" is possibly derived from Welsh mwyn "gentle, kind". This was a nickname of the 6th-century Saint Kentigern.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Wizard of the Month
Notes and references
|St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries|
|Founder Mungo Bonham|
|St Mungo's Admissions Department · Poisoning Department · Janus Thickey Ward · Purge and Dowse, Ltd|
|Positions||Healer · Mediwizard · Trainee Healer · Welcome Witch · Entrance dummy|
|Healers||Omar Abasi · Dilys Derwent · Lancelot · Rutherford Poke · Augustus Pye · Hippocrates Smethwyck · Helbert Spleen · Miriam Strout|
|Katie Bell · Herbert Chorley · John Dawlish · Gordon Horton · Minerva McGonagall · Montgomery · Laura Thorn · Nymphadora Tonks · Arthur Weasley · Grubby-looking St Mungo's patient · Bitten St Mungo's patient · Winged St Mungo's patient · Unidentified St Mungo's patient · Unidentified werewolf|
|Long-term residents||Agnes · Alice Longbottom · Frank Longbottom · Gilderoy Lockhart · Broderick Bode (deceased)|