Argus Filch tried unsuccessfully to remove the words which Ginny Weasley painted on wall of the second-floor corridor when she was being possessed by Tom Riddle's diary at Hogwarts with Mrs Skower’s All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover. As a Squib, Filch may have relied on the product quite heavily, particularly since a whole crate of it was kept stored in the school's broom closet.
Behind the scenes
- The surname Skower is a play on the word scour, which means "to clean by hard rubbing."
- The name is spelled as "Scower" in the Harry Potter Trading Card Game, but has been spelled "Skower" in all appearances in the books to date.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game