|Mr. Mulpepper's Apothecary|
Mr. Mulpepper's Apothecary was a shop in Diagon Alley which sold potion ingredients. It was established in 1106, and was located directly next door to its competitor Slug & Jiggers Apothecary. One could buy a Potion Kit Bag here for a charge of 10 sickles and Cleaning Solutions & Restorative Draughts could also be purchased here. Another shop was located in Knockturn Alley.
Behind the scenesEdit
- 'Mulpepper' seems to be a reference to Nicholas Culpeper, an English botanist and pharmacologist who was accused of witchcraft after angering his fellow physicians by condemning their greed and their use of harmful practises such as toxic remedies and bloodletting. A revolutionary, Culpeper was able to provide his services for free. This, and a willingness to examine patients in person rather than simply examining their urine (in his opinion, "as much piss as the Thames might hold" did not help in diagnosis) created an affray between him and the Society of Apothecaries, who were similarly incensed by the fact that he suggested cheap herbal remedies as opposed to their expensive concoctions.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- The Making of Harry Potter
Notes and referencesEdit
13B Knockturn Alley · Beard Trimming · Betting shop · Borgin and Burkes · Cobb & Webb's · The Coffin House · Moribund's · McHavelock's Wizarding Headgear · Mr. Mulpepper's Apothecary · Potage's Cauldron Shop · The Spiny Serpent · The Starry Prophesier · Wizarding Supplies · Ye Olde Curiosity Shop