Born in the Middle Ages, she was the half-sister of King Arthur and an enemy of Merlin, and, during her lifetime, she played a role in many events. Like her half-brother, she was a monarch, ruling as queen of the island of Avalon. In addition to her knowledge of the Dark Arts, she was exceptionally talented as a Healer, and was an Animagus who could turn into a bird.
Death and post-mortem
Morgana died at a point in the Middle Ages.
Morgan le Fay would later be featured on a Chocolate Frog Card.
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Morgana's famous wizard Card described her as a dark witch.
- Animagus: She had mastered self-Transfiguration, turning herself into a bird at will.
- Healing magic: Morgan was skilful with healing spells.
Behind the scenes
- Morgan le Fay is based on the legendary figure Morgan le Fay.
- In the film Merlin, with Sam Neill as the title character, Morgan le Fay was portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter, who later went on to play Dark witch Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Before Emma Watson got the part of Hermione Granger she had acted only in school plays; one was "Arthur's Early Years", in which she played the role of Morgan le Fay.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references