|Morgan le Fay|
|Also known as||
Queen of Avalon
King Arthur (half-brother)
Born in the Middle Ages, she was the half-sister of King Arthur and an enemy of Merlin, and, during her lifetime, she played a role in many events. Like her half-brother, she was a monarch, ruling as queen of the island of Avalon. In addition to her knowledge of the Dark Arts, she was a very good Healer, and was an Animagus who could turn into a bird.
Death and post-mortem
Morgana died at an unspecified date in the Middle Ages.
Morgan le Fay would later be featured on a Chocolate Frog Card.
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Morgana's famous wizard Card described her as an immensely powerful dark witch.
- Animagus: She had mastered self-Transfiguration, turning herself into a bird at will.
- Healing magic: Morgan was also noted to be very adept with healing spells .
Behind the scenes
- Morgan le Fay is based on the legendary figure Morgan le Fay, the daughter of King Arthur's mother the Lady Igraine and her first husband Gorlois, Duke of Cornwall (making her Arthur's half-sister in legend too).
- In the film Merlin, with Sam Neill as the title character, Morgan le Fay was portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter, who later went on to play Dark witch Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Before Emma Watson got the part of Hermione Granger she had acted only in school plays; one was "Arthur's Early Years", in which she played the role of Morgan le Fay.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references