During her lifetime, Morgan le Fay played a role in numerous events, and was a powerful witch, being a proficient healer as well as an Animagus (taking the form of a bird). She also ruled as Queen of the Island of Avalon.
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Morgana's famous Wizard Card described her as a powerful Dark witch.
- Animagus: Morgana was revealed to have mastered the art of Self-Transfiguration, being able to turn herself into a bird at will.
- Transfiguration: Morgana was so skilled in Self-Transfiguration that she was able to become an Animagus.
- Healing magic: Morgana was noted to be particularly gifted in the art of healing magic.
Behind the scenes
- Morgan le Fay is based on the legendary figure of the same name, the daughter of King Arthur's mother the Lady Igraine and her first husband Gorlois, Duke of Cornwall (making her Arthur's half-sister in legend too).
- In the film Merlin, with Sam Neill as the title character, Morgan le Fay was portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter, who later went on to play Dark witch Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Before Emma Watson got the part of Hermione Granger she had acted only in school plays; one was "Arthur's Early Years", in which she played the role of Morgan le Fay.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references