Professor Mordicus Egg (fl. 1963) was a wizard and an expert on Muggles. He authored The Philosophy of the Mundane: Why the Muggles Prefer Not to Know  and Cooking the Muggle Way.  He was at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the winter of 1993, and his name was carved into the wall of the Divination Classroom in North Tower.. He may also have been appointed Headmaster of Hogwarts at some unknown point in time.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that he was the male Muggle Studies teacher replaced by Charity Burbage, thus explaining both his knowledge of Muggles and his presence at Hogwarts. Another possibility is that he gained his title through his work at the Institute of Muggle Studies.
- The portrait of an older Mordicus Egg appears in the Headmaster's Office indicating that he served at Headmaster of Hogwarts at some point. Alternatively, this portrait may be of a possible relative that shares the same name as the author Mordicus Egg.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Appears on the Marauder's Map)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (First appearance) (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Magical Beasts in Hiding
- ↑ The Lexicon Visits The Magic Factory (part 2)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)