Moonstone (also known as the wishing stone) is a gemstone of medium value. Moonstones are a milky colour and shine very brightly, almost as though they are a source of their own light. They are a useful potion ingredient; powdered moonstones are used as an ingredient for the Draught of Peace  and in several Love Potions.  Powdered Moonstone is also an ingredient in in Potion No. 86 which is likely an experimental potion. In 1995, Severus Snape forced Harry Potter to write twelve inches of parchment on the properties of Moonstone and its usage in potion-making. Moonstones were also known to be among the gems set into Muriel's tiara.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) - PS2 version
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 12 (Professor Umbridge)
- ↑ See this on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) Official Website.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 25 (Shell Cottage)