|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
|Molly Weasley's second cousin|
A male second cousin of Molly Weasley (née Prewett), became a stockbroker or an accountant in the Muggle world. This profession was enough to embarrass the whole Weasley family. It is possible, he was a Squib. Ron Weasley told Harry Potter that this man is never spoken of by the Weasley family.
Behind the scenes
- J. K. Rowling revealed on her website that in an early draft of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, this character was married to a Muggle woman, and, against all expectation, had fathered a daughter who was a witch, Mafalda. Although he had previously been rude to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, he and his wife were to have sought the Weasley family's help in introducing Mafalda to wizarding culture when they learned that she would be attending Hogwarts.
- The information on Rowling's website states that Molly's second cousin was a stockbroker. This conflicts with the profession given by Ron Weasley in Philosopher's Stone. However, it is possible that Ron, being unfamiliar with the Muggle world, was merely incorrect.
- Could be the son of Lancelot, Muriel's cousin, as he is a cousin of Molly's father or mother, too.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- J.K.Rowlings Official Site (Mentioned only)