Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Mr Prewett was a pure-blood wizard. He was the brother of Ignatius Prewett, the husband of Mrs Prewett, and the father of Molly Weasley née Prewett, and Fabian and Gideon Prewett. He was the maternal grandfather of the Weasley children. He was also the father-in-law of Arthur Weasley. He could also possibly be the brother of Muriel.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Possible mention)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Indirect mention)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Name possibly seen at Black family tree tapestry)
Notes and references
- ↑ Molly's Ministry file — seen here — states that red hair is a family trait for HER family, so she inherited it from one (or both) of her parents, meaning that Mr Prewett may have had red hair.
- ↑ Sirius Black stated in Ch. 6 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix that Molly Weasley was his "cousin by marriage". This means that Ignatius could not have been Molly, Fabian, and Gideon's father, as this would have made them first cousins by blood of Sirius. Ignatius was Sirius's uncle by marriage, and if Molly was his niece, this could explain Sirius's comment. See this talk page for more information.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 12 (The Mirror of Erised): Ron's chess set is stated as belonging to his grandfather, but it does not say whether it was his maternal grandfather or his paternal grandfather.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (script): Fred states that George's nose looks "positively massive" and is corrected that it is his - he says it is a family trait from Molly, implying that one of Molly's parents had a big nose too, though it is unknown as to which parents did.