|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Harry Potter: "Are all your family wizards?"
- Ron Weasley: "Er -- yes, I think so. I think Mum's got a second cousin who's an accountant, but we never talk about him."
- — Mention of this individual[src]
Behind the scenes
- J. K. Rowling revealed on her website that in an early draft of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, this character was married to a Muggle woman, and, against all expectation, had fathered a daughter who was a witch, Mafalda. Although he had previously been rude to Mr and Mrs Weasley, he and his wife were to have sought the Weasley family's help in introducing Mafalda to wizarding culture when they learned that she would be attending Hogwarts.
- The information on Rowling's website states that Molly's second cousin was a stockbroker. This conflicts with Ron Weasley's statement in Philosopher's Stone that he was an accountant. However, it is possible that Ron, being unfamiliar with the Muggle world, was merely incorrect.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (Mentioned only)