- "Not only were there a dozen frost-covered Christmas trees and thick streamers of holly and mistletoe crisscrossing the ceiling, but enchanted snow was falling, warm and dry, from the ceiling."
- —Description of the Great Hall on Christmas in 1992[src]
Mistletoe is a parasitic plant with white berries, traditionally used as a Christmas decoration. Mistletoe was amongst the Christmas decorations in the Great Hall in 1992. It was used to decorate the Room of Requirement when Dumbledore's Army had a session on 18 December, 1995. Harry and Cho Chang shared a kiss underneath it. Luna Lovegood believed that it is commonly infested with nargles.
The mistletoe in the Room of Requirement is shown still growing when Cho and Harry kiss, suggesting the room grew it, as they required it.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)