Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Not only were there a dozen frost-covered Christmas trees and thick streamers of holly and mistletoe crisscrossing the ceiling, but enchanted snow was falling, warm and dry, from the ceiling."
- —Description of the Great Hall on Christmas in 1992[src]
Mistletoe is a parasitic plant with white berries, traditionally used as a Christmas decoration. Mistletoe was amongst the Christmas decorations in the Great Hall in 1992. It was used to decorate the Room of Requirement when Dumbledore's Army had a session on 18 December, 1995. Harry and Cho Chang shared a kiss underneath it. Luna Lovegood believed that it is commonly infested with nargles.
The mistletoe in the Room of Requirement is shown still growing when Cho and Harry kiss, suggesting the room grew it, as they required it.
Mistletoe was hung up as part of the Christmas decorations for 1996 at Hogwarts, hung at intervals along the corridors. Due to Harry Potter's popularity, large groups of girls tended to gather under the mistletoe branches whenever he passed by. Harry, however, was familiar enough with the castle's secret passages to simply sneak away into other routes that were free of mistletoe. At the Lovegood house there were crab apple trees with bushy crowns of white-beaded mistletoe.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows