Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Misapinoa Blishwick (née Black) (1826 – 1926) was a pure-blood witch. She was an early member of the House of Black, but her precise relationship to the other known members of the Black family remains unknown. She married a pure-blood wizard named Jimbo Blishwick.
Behind the scenes
- This character appears only on the version of the Black family tree tapestry shown in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. She was not included on the version of the tree which J. K. Rowling gave to a charity auction in 2006. According to director David Yates, Rowling provided the filmmakers with a copy of the Black family tree going back eight generations. The filmmakers presumably received a more complete version of the tree than the one auctioned off, which only goes back six generations.
- Misapinoa lived to 100. This is unusual because members of the Black family often died young by wizarding standards.
- The face used to depict Misapinoa on the Black family tree in the Order of the Phoenix film was also used for Lucretia Black.
- Based on a statement by Horace Slughorn, Misapinoa may have been a member of Slytherin House. However, she attended Hogwarts c. 1837-1844, long before Slughorn was even born.
- Misapinoa was maybe a sister of Arcturus Black I.
Misapinoa's name may be from the word "Messapian", an extinct language that was once spoken in south eastern Italy, or it could be from the word "mishap", which ties along with how much older she lived to be than most members of the House of Black.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
- Harry Potter Film Wizardry (Appears on Black family tapestry)