Mirabella Plunkett (b. 1839) was a witch, famous for falling in love with a merman. After she was forbidden to marry him, she transfigured herself into a haddock and was never seen again. She was featured on a Chocolate Frog Card and on a portrait hung at Hogwarts Castle.
Mirabella and the merman decided to marry. However, Mirabella's parents objected strongly, and forbade her to marry him. In response, Mirabella transfigured herself into a haddock, and afterward was never seen again. It's unknown if she ever returned to her merman lover once in her haddock form.
After her disappearance, Mirabella was not forgotten. She was eventually immortalised on a Chocolate Frog Card. There was also a portrait of her hung at Hogwarts Castle, which guarded a secret shortcut between the first-floor landing of the Grand Staircase and the Entrance Hall side room. The password required to gain access to said shortcut was haddock.
The name "Mirabella" is derived from Latin mirabilis, "wonderful".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
- ↑ She is most likely an Animagus, but she also might have transfigured herself into a haddock through Trans-Species Transformation, causing her to start thinking like a haddock and lose the ability to reason as a human.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - PC version
|Professors: Albus Dumbledore · Minerva McGonagall|
|Textbooks: A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration · Intermediate Transfiguration · A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration|
|Known practitioners: Emeric Switch · Circe · Falco Aesalon · Mirabella Plunkett · Thaddeus Thurkell ·|
|Transfiguration spells studied at Hogwarts: Chair to cat · Match to needle · Snail to Teapot · Teacup to Rat · Switching Spell · Transforming Spell · Avifors Spell · Mice to Snuffboxes · Beetle Buttons · Rabbit Slippers · Vera Verto · Teapot to tortoise · Draconifors Spell · Lapifors Spell · Vanishing Spell · Owl to opera glasses · Guinea fowl to guinea pig · Hedgehog to pincushion · Small Child to Rat · Meddling Man to Monkey · Crinus Muto|
|Branches of Transfiguration: Transformation · Vanishment · Conjuration · Untransfiguration|