Minerva McGonagall's office was the place where Minerva McGonagall, the former Transfiguration professor, worked and slept during her stay at Hogwarts. It is located on the first floor of the Defence Against the Dark Arts tower. This tower overlooks the Training Grounds.
There is a sparse stone-floored bedroom behind a concealed door in the office's study.
During their fifth year, the Gryffindor students went to this office to talk to Professor McGonagall about their academic future as she was their Head of House. Also, during Harry Potter's Fifth Year at Hogwarts, Neville Longbottom was forced to visit this office during the night to tell her that Harry was having a vision. There is a fireplace in this office, connected to the Floo Network, which was used by students during the 1996–1997 school year when they returned to Hogwarts, following the Christmas holidays. It is unknown whether she occupied this office due to her position as Transfiguration professor, Head of Gryffindor House, or Deputy Headmistress.
Behind the scenes
- In the films, McGonagall often seems to use her classroom as the office, spending much time there correcting exams and doing her other work. This is shown in the first and sixth film adaptations.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Notes and references