Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Minerva McGonagall wore a set of dress robes to the Yule Ball, which was held on Christmas Day, 1994, together with a hat on which she arranged a rather ugly wreath of thistles. The robes were made of a red tartan fabric.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Professor McGonagall's dress robes are very different from what is described in the novel: they are made of a green, textured fabric, and she wears a black pointed hat with three thin feathers stuck to the brim.
- Costume designer Jany Temime states that she has taken a particular liking to the material used to fashion this costume because it looked nearly snakelike which "made it look really witchy".
- This robes are very similar to the robes she used in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) and in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, the colour changed to black (Deathly Hallows) and a grey green (Half-Blood Prince) but the thing that are similar are the two buttons, that little 'horns' in on the arms and the long sleeves.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault