Merwyn the Malicious was a medieval Dark Wizard credited with the invention of many unpleasant jinxes and hexes. He appeared on a Chocolate Frog Card. He possessed a hooked wand. There was a portrait of Merwyn hung at Hogwarts Castle, guarding a secret shortcut between the third-floor landing of the Grand Staircase and the Entrance Hall side room. The password required to gain access to said shortcut was "Malevolence".
Merwyn is a Welsh name, said to be a form of the name Merlin.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
- ↑ On the Pottermore timeline of the wizarding world, although no excact dates are given, he is listed after known students of Hogwarts, impfying that he, like them, was eleven or older around the school's founding.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Famous Witches and Wizards Cards
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - PC version