At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Merula Snyde's mother was a Dark witch of British origin. She was imprisoned in Azkaban along with her husband for their allegiance to Lord Voldemort. She had at least one daughter, Merula, born circa 1973.
First Wizarding War
At the start of the war, she was pregnant with her daughter, Merula, who was born around 1973. After that, she and her husband, as Death Eaters, started fighting in the First Wizarding War. She was very powerful witch and defeated many aurors. Once she used Incarcerous Spell on some auror.
She was sentenced to Azkaban following the war.
Personality and traits
Mrs Snyde was very cruel and powerful witch. She was pure-blood supremacist, and strongly believed in importancy of blood purity. It was the reason why she, along her husband, joined Death Eaters. She was very loyal to Lord Voldemort, and very good in duelling. She was very important in First Wizarding War, and most likely in Second.
Although her cruel nature, she was nice towards her family. She cared about her husband and her daughter, Merula. After the war she was in Azkaban for years, what certainly changed her personality and her skills.
Magical abilites and skills
- Transfiguration: she was very skilled in Transfiguration. She once used Incarcerous Spell (which conjured ropes) on auror and captured him.
- Dark Arts: as a Death Eater and important servant of Lord Voldemort, she was very skilled in Dark Arts.
- Care of Magical Creatures: she was good at caring for magical creatures. It was said she cared for unicorn in her youth.
Mrs Snyde was nice towards her family. She cared about her husband and her daughter Merula a lot. She was sad when going to Azkaban because she will be far away from Merula, but with her husband.
Mrs Snyde was very loyal to Lord Voldemort. She became Death Eater and fought in First Wizarding War. She was pure-blood supremacist and strongly believed in importance of pure-blood families.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 8 (Barnaby Lee)
- ↑ After loosing a duel against Jacob's sibling, Merula says that she is a fourth generation Slytherin.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4 onward, Care of Magical Creatures Lessons in general
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 1 (Year Five Begins)