At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
A mechanical Death Eater was used by Dumbledore's Army to practise their spells inside the Room of Requirement during the 1995–1996 school year. The dummy was used as a target while the group trained with such spells as Diminuendo, Expelliarmus, Stupefy, and Reducto. These dummies had a wand so it was able to act as a real Death Eater would. They were also used by Bill Weasley during his student years.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) and Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, multiples of these dummies were used at a time during spell practise, as opposed to just the one in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery