Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In 1994 Frank Bryce used safety matches to light his stove. A bit later that year, Arthur Weasley and a number of other wizards attending the 422nd Quidditch World Cup attempted to use matches to light campfires, as magic was technically not permitted in the muggle-campsite that was being used. Arthur tried and failed at this several times before Hermione Granger showed him how to use the matches properly.
In 1997, Bathilda Bagshot, actually Nagini in disguise, used a match to light her stove, but as she could not do it, due to her actually being a snake (which have no hands); Harry Potter had to help her.
Behind the scenes
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 the matches are cut out. Instead Bathilda uses her wand to light the stove but it did not work for her, as she was a snake and could not use a wand.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1