At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Mary Lou Barebone was an American No-Maj who lived in the 20th century. She was the leader of the New Salem Philanthropic Society, also known as the Second Salemers, an extremist group whose goal was to expose and eradicate witchcraft in the United States. She had three adoptive children, two daughters, Chastity and Modesty Barebone and a son, Credence, who was the middle child.
Mary Lou was a disciplinarian, the slightest infraction of her strict rules by her children would result in abuse.
Behind the scenes
- Samantha Morton is set to play the role of Mary Lou in the upcoming film trilogy Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Everything we've learned about ‘Fantastic Beasts' this week" from Pottermore
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 'Fantastic Beasts' Character Descriptions Revealed - Credence
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'Fantastic Beasts' cast talk wands, creatures, Newt & his friends, Salem trials, more" from SnitchSeeker.com
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 "Fantastic Beasts: First look at Ezra Miller's mysterious character" at Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ 'Fantastic Beasts' Character Descriptions Revealed - Mary Lou
- ↑ "Filming Gets Underway on «Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them»" at BusinessWire