- Dolores Umbridge: "Could you please tell us from which witch or wizard you took that wand?"
- Mary Cattermole: "T-took? I didn’t t-take it from anybody. I b-bought it when I was eleven years old. It – it – it – chose me."
- Dolores Umbridge: "No. No, I don’t think so, Mrs Cattermole. Wands only choose witches or wizards. You are not a witch."
- — Mary Cattermole's trial with the Muggle-Born Registration Commission[src]
In 1997, after Lord Voldemort took over the Ministry of Magic, the Muggle-Born Registration Commission was created to prosecute Muggle-borns for supposedly stealing wands from "real" wizards and witches. Mary was one such innocent who was interrogated by the head of the commission, Dolores Umbridge, and Death Eater Yaxley. They accused her of stealing her wand. The trial was soon interrupted by Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, who freed Mary and the other Muggle-born prisoners along with Ron Weasley and encouraged them to flee the country. It is unknown if she ever retrieved her wand after the war.
Behind the scenes
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- ↑ As Mary was married and had kids, she is likely of age by the time of her trial, which means she would purchased this wand at the age of eleven in or before 1991.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 13 (The Muggle-Born Registration Commission)