- The name "Martin" comes from the Roman name Martinus, which was derived from Martis, the genitive case of the name of the Roman god MARS. Saint Martin of Tours was a 4th-century bishop who is the patron saint of France. According to legend, he came across a cold beggar in the middle of winter so he ripped his cloak in two and gave half of it to the beggar. He was a favourite saint during the Middle Ages, and his name has become common throughout the Christian world.
- Helstrøm is a Danish surname, possibly indicating that Martin is Danish. It is also a surname of the Norwegian chef Eyvind Hellstrøm.
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS edition) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS edition)