At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World. Spoilers will be present within the article.
A Manticore has a human-like head, a lion's body, and a scorpion's tail with a stinger. A Manticore's skin repels all known charms, so it is effectively hard to subdue a Manticore with magic. It is known to be capable of human speech, and is considered a sentient beast.
Manticores were not offered the status of Being by the Ministry of Magic because of their violent and extremely dangerous tendencies.
Behind the scenes
- The manticore is a creature from Persian mythology, later adopted by the Greeks and medieval Europeans.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Exploding Snap Famous Wizard Card)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Manticore on Wikipedia
|Magical Creatures by classification|